The current entrepreneurial owner took this 85 year old Madame and reshaped her into being 21st century ready. She, the business, now is in need of the next new talent that can utilise the robust base and morph it into the online sensation it is longing to be…
• Niche Business with revenue in excess of $600,000
• Adjusted profit to owner in excess of $100,000 FY2015
• Supplying Australia’s leading fashion houses, retailers and manufacturers
• Specialising in the craft, gift and packaging market
• Arrangements in place with suppliers, including exclusive with key supplier in Europe (requiring bi-annual overseas trip)
• Iconic brand with 85 plus years of history
An ideal opportunity for a person(s) seeking a business with a creative flair. This business imports its products from Europe and Asia and is highly regarded within its market for providing beautiful, unique and quality product together with reliable and professional service.
The business owner’s main involvement is:
• General Management
• Business and Product Development/Marketing/Sales
• Travel bi-annually to meet with key suppliers in Europe and Asia
What does the business do?
• Importing and wholesaling of its niche range of products
• A growing percentage of its business is based on orders that are customised for specific clients
Substantial investment, positioned for the Future:
• “Digital ready” with a streamlined website to handle both retail and wholesale clients
• Extensive and diverse database of clients across a broad range of industries
• Automated and systemised operational procedures requiring low staffing levels
• Cloud-based business system (Netsuite), with integrated accounting/ERP, inventory management, CRM and webstore for multi-channel marketing
• Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) system used to trade with national chains
• Over 80% of clients prepay, allowing minimal cash gap
• A number of growth areas have been identified and preliminary research commenced
The business is ready to be relocated to a property of your choice, and can also be integrated into an existing business. With key employees and systems in place, the business offers a number of flexible options and opportunities for a new owner.
Who would think it is pleasing to use Tax as a Growth Indicator?
This story from one of my charges (Julie Demczuk of www.exclusivepmg.com.au) just this week, got to love a share such as this:
I’m sitting in my office on my own thinking about when I first started the business.
I remember saying to my bookkeeper I can’t wait until I start paying GST. I was so excited when my first GST bill was $6.
After three years my GST bill for the last quarter is $5,668.
What an amazing difference.
What an amazing difference indeed! Whilst I haven’t contributed directly to her growth numbers, she is one the amazing number of Women Business Owners who are building their business as an asset, ready to be saleable when the time comes (which may be right round the corner!)
So very proud of this entrepreneurial mother.
Just think how well off the new owner of a business like this will be. Not only is the thing well-established, if $5000+ of GST is being paid quarterly, then the revenue has to reflect same. Much more palatable when compared to waiting for revenue as a start-up… Interested in knowing more? Please drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some would say “why?”, others, “why not?”
Some are born to start, build and hold for as long as it takes.
Some are born to start, build and pass the baton on.
The thing about Online Businesses | Websites these days is that the market has been around long enough whereby there are businesses of quality, with verifiable statistics and easier to follow financials. So the information collected is more capably captured and consistent.
Not only did we discuss the initial thoughts processes around Buying a Business, we also talked Customer Service with a local and a national award winners. Most thought provoking and well worth a listen.
How Saleable is Your Business in 2014?
How Saleable do you want Your Business 2014?
What are you waiting for? GET YOUR SCORE…
WANTED: BUSINESSES TO SELL!
Why, because we have buyers!
Yesterday I attended a funeral of a mother of a dear friend of mine.
Always of time of sadness and reflection…
Given the amount of grief experienced again today, I can’t help thinking about the poor families of business owners who have not done anything about their business affairs before they fall off the mortal coil, leaving it to their family to clean up. “Take me out in a box”, they say.
SO NOT SMART OR FAIR.
With the family grieving, the last thing they want to have to deal with is a business they most probably have no interest in. Lets face it, if they were going to be interested, they would have done so well before the fateful day. And the longer the business is left without being tended will mean the value drops away at a fairly rapid rate. Not good for selling purposes, at all.
Seriously, do something about the business before the owners are gone.
If you cannot, then call a broker just as soon as you can and have them get it sorted for you as soon as possible.
As the business probably forms part of the estate, the sooner it is sold the better the outcome will be for all, financially at least.
GOT A WEBSITE FOR SALE?
If you want to sell a website or you’re looking to buy a website (excellent bolt-on possibilities), please email me at email@example.com