Wed. 16 August 2017, 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm AEST @ the Skinny Dog Hotel, High St Kew.
You’re invited to join us in a warm, friendly and supportive environment where you’ll benefit from a combination of open networking, strategic introductions and an expert speaker with ideas and practical tips on a relevant business issue.
As business owners ourselves, we know that time is a scarce and non-renewable resource. That’s why we’ve designed a different type of networking event that delivers maximum value in minimum time with personal as well as professional rewards.
In addition to ample opportunity for conversation during open networking and table conversations, this month our valuable insight is:
BONUS insight : “Business Ownership is not a Life Sentence …you can GET OUT” proudly brought to you by me!
How Saleable is your Business? Is your Business Ready to Sell at a moment’s notice?
Building a Business into an Asset may result in it possibly being the largest asset you’ll ever own, if not second after your home. So NOT “Starting with the End in Mind” (regardless of how old it is) when you’re ready can result in all the blood, sweat, tears, time and money you’ve invested resulting in close to nothing!
Knowing how to build a business that’s worthy, understanding where its value lies, finding a way to GET OUT as profitably and seamlessly as possible, means you need to think about what needs to be done and how to do it
You will then be able to
• define what it means to have a saleable and profitable business
• identify the key attributes a buyer will look for
• determine your business strengths and the advice you will need
To book, please follow this link:
In this episode of Business Addicts Podcast, we discuss Selling Your Business:
- The issue many business owners often find themselves in, where they become trapped in an unsellable business because the business is heavily reliant on them as the owner.
- The difference between building a business as a job replacement and building a business as an asset
- The importance of recording and systemising work practices so that business becomes less reliant on you as an owner.
- The pros and cons of productising services to differentiate your business offerings and giving you the ability to scale.
- The different stages of the business lifecycle.
- How to know when your business is ready to sell.
- The importance of planning for the tax implications when selling your business.
- The different types of people who buy businesses and how that can impact what they are prepared to pay.
- How to calculate what your business is worth.
- The value of “poking the market” rather than winding up your business, even if you don’t think your business is saleable.
- What you need to do to put your business on the market.
- How to attract the right buyers who will pay what your business is worth.
- What’s involved in a business sales transaction and are there any pitfalls we need to look out for.
- How long it usually takes to sell a business.
- The various options available to you if you can’t find a buyer for your business.